Monday, September 8, 2008

He's 50 and signed up for AARP!




Today was Orn's actual birthday. I was howling as he happily signed up (via the Internet) for AARP by about 6:30 this morning! Talk about being ready to be a member. He rather gleefully informed me that I am NOW a member of AARP by being his spouse - not sure what I actually think about that! (^_^)

It was a great birthday for Orn! His new department surprised him with a celebration this morning. I was invited to it, so I popped over there for a nummy piece of cake after teaching my morning class.

This evening, after taking a birthday call from Norway (my cousin Sigrid), the 4 of us went to Granite City Brewery for dinner. We had a very pleasant meal. Orn and I could chat while both boys obsessively watched the Vikings/Packers Monday night football game. After we got home from dinner Orn opened up his gifts. He is now fully prepared to become a full-fledged golfing member of this family. We're looking forward to taking the boys out golfing soon!

No comments: