Saturday, February 21, 2009

Painting and Flooring!







On Tuesday of this week the walls were ready for me to begin painting. Thankfully, my neighbor Noel came over Tuesday afternoon and helped me prime the walls. She also lugged over a 5 gallon container of primer when my measley one gallon was gone in about half a wall! If she hadn't helped there is no way I would have gotten the walls done as it took a priming coat and two coats of paint to get the job done. The number of times that I ended up going back to Hirshfields for more paint is CRAZY!!

Today, Jim and Kathleen came to town to put the floor in. Everyone I had asked had suggested that I go with linoleum rather than tile, so linoleum it is. It's a type of linoleum that is not glued down, so the job was a quick one for Jim. Seeing as he was going to be here anyway and seeing as the linoleum was on clearance, I bought extra and had him put the same flooring in the laundry room. And seeing that I had been back to Hirshfields about a thousand times to buy more paint, I decided to paint the laundry room the same color! So, while Jim worked on the floor in the new mudroom, I painted behind the washer and dryer in the laundry room. As you can see from the pictures, he had NO respect for my paint job. :)

Mom and Dad came up to visit while Jim and Kathleen were here. Mom helped straighten up while we were all working and since Dad was just itching for something to do too, I put him to work on building our 'window seat' for the mudroom. He and Gunnar got to task and got the job done. They needed a little assistance from Kathleen to determine which end was up, but once they got that sorted out, they finished the bench. It looks fabulous!!

No comments: