Friday, March 13, 2009

More fun from a GREAT VACATION!











Time for us to head back to cold and wintery Minnesota. I think if given the choice, all 4 of us would stay here for a few more WEEKS! Thas been truly a wonderful vacation. I have been able to take fabulous walks (5-6 miles) each morning with a group of gal friends who are down here too. Orn has been lounging around reading for pleasure (something I have maybe seen him do twice in our 11 years together!), and the boys have just enjoyed being boys at the beach where food and drink are plentiful. Both boys have become quite the fans of strawberry daiquiries (minus the rum of course). In fact, one of the more common statements from the trip has been Hans sidling up to me and saying, "mom, wanna go to the bar and get a daiquirie with me?" Yikes!

Orn and I walked into Playa del Carmen on our own one late morning. Very easy to do as all we had to do was say to the other parents along on this trip, "can you keep an eye on our two while we head into town?" How nice is that?! We had fun picking out soccer shirts for the boys and some fun t-shirts for ourselves as well.

No comments: