Friday, April 17, 2009

AERA in San Diego


This past week I was out in San Diego at AERA - the annual conference of the American Educational Research Association. It is always fun (and inspirational) to attend AERA. Fun because I get to reconnect with graduate school friends (see picture of dinner with Roger - my dissertation advisor and his current group of advisees), and inspirational because it is really impressive to see and hear about all the research that is being conducted in various fields of education. I came home with some interesting ideas for a new line of research...now I've just got to implement it!

The only bummer about this year's trip was that I was in southern California while they experienced a cold spell (it never got above 60 degrees) and back home in St. Cloud they were experiencing a warm spell (weather above 60 degrees every day)! However, my hotel had a fabulous work out room so I was able to crank out the miles on some great treadmills each day!

No comments: