Thursday, April 30, 2009

SCSU On the Move Mile High Challenge 5K

This evening Orn and I participated in the 5K Run/Walk that was the culmination of the SCSU On the Move Mile High Challenge that I have been partaking in all semester. It's been a fun program which has included weekly logging of the number of miles I put in walking, running, skiing, biking, whatever along with other 'challenges' that I could partake in each week. While I've always been one to do some sort of exercise on a daily basis, this program inspired me to push myself more. The end result has been to lose some weight and get in better shape - all good things as we head into the summer months.
Tonight at the 5K the weather started out fairly decent, even if it was overcast. By the end of the festivities it felt like the temperature had dropped 30 degrees and the wind had increased to 30-40 mph! It was cold! Orn and I power-walked the race, completing the 5K in just about 40 minutes. We're already planning for next year and a time around 35 minutes!

Since the boys were at home with a sitter, we took advantage of the evening and had a nice dinner out after the race. Great way to end the semester! :)

No comments: