Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Bathroom Transformed!












I finally got around to painting and updating our main bathroom on the second floor (the one the boys share with guests when they visit ;>). It was a fun project in that it didn't really take that long AND I was able to take advantage of paint I already had on hand! I used some leftover paint from our guestroom for the area by the sinks and leftover paint from our entryway and hallway for the interior part of the bathroom. This all worked because I found a shower curtain (and matching rugs and nightlight) that worked with the towels the boys and our guests use. What a deal! I had always envisioned doing a lighthouse theme in that bathroom, so I was very happy when I found one that worked for the colors we already had on hand. Both boys were happy with the choice too as they thought I might go all 'girlie' in that room if given the chance. Gunnar helped me with some of the painting. What a trooper!

I also updated the hardware in the bathroom since the bars where the towels hung were about 10' off the ground and so a bit impractical (ya think?). The boys now love the hooks for their towels, and the rings out by the sinks don't seem to overwhelm the walls like the old bar towel racks used to. I must thank Jon, my neighbor, for coming over twice to help me install the new hardware. Jon's very helpful when there is a beer or two on the other end!

The only thing left to do is to blow up some pictures that I took this summer while we were out on the Oregon Coast. I've got some great lighthouse shots, so my plan is to frame them in an appropriately rustic manner and finish off the room with some artwork.

No comments: