Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Break in Maple Grove!






At SCSU we had our first Fall Break this past week, so we had Thursday and Friday off from teaching. It timed out perfectly for Orn in that he had a conference all day Friday in Minneapolis, so he would have been gone anyway. As for me, I worked on the bathroom on Thursday (see post below), and then worked at the university all day on Friday. I couldn't really afford to take both days off.

However, on Friday after the boys came home from school I surprised them with the news that we were going to meet Dad at a hotel in Maple Grove that had an indoor waterpark. They were excited...we could not get out the door fast enough!

What fun we had! Orn showed up at the hotel just after we got there so all 4 of us had our first taste of the waterpark at the same time. Gunnar and Hans immediately went down the huge slides! Orn and I decided to test them out as well, but after one time for Orn he was done with that! They were crazy fast and at times completely in the dark. It was very disconcerting for us adults. Not so for the boys! Over the course of that afternoon, evening, and next morning, we are estimating that Hans went down the slides at least 80 times!! Unbelievable. Considering he had to climb 4 flights of stairs to get up to the start of the slide, it was extremely impressive. Gunnar and I spent a lot of time playing basketball in the pool. What a hoot that was! At his age, he still throws out the compliments that just makes a mom melt, "Mom, how did you get to be SO GOOD at basketball??" What a doll! I think that stemmed from the shot I made while lying on my back in the water (we were playing HORSE). :)

Orn and I also enjoyed the hottub AND the fact that they had Stella Artois beer on Tap right in the waterpark. It's great when you find a place that caters to kids and parents alike!

No comments: