Saturday, May 2, 2009

Biking in Quarry Park!


















Today was a wonderful spring day here in Central Minnesota! The boys and I took Orn over to our favorite biking park (our favorite cross country skiing park in the winter) - Quarry Park. We did the outer loop on our bikes, with many stops here and there to check out the various quarrys. What fun! At one of the quarry's there is a dock with ladders so people can easily get in and out of the quarry, and thus swim in the quarry. I think we'll have to plan on a picnic lunch and swim afternoon there sometime this summer. Of course, Hans said there is no way he's swimming in the quarry..."But Mom, it's 116 feet deep, I could drown!" I responded with one of my better parenting statements, "Oh for goodness sake Hans, you could drown in 4 feet of water." I wonder if he'll get in the pool at the country club this summer?!

No comments: