Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day












Today is/was Mothers Day! As has been the case since the boys arrived on the scene I started getting peppered with questions starting late last week concerning what I wanted to do on Mothers Day - starting of course with breakfast! I made my request, but this year opted to have breakfast in the kitchen...I've learned over the years that Mother's Day breakfast in bed is not limited to me in this household! The boys came in as soon as they each woke up and showered me with the kinds of gifts that truly make Mother's Day special - I enjoyed the handmade cards and gifts AND the iPod Nano running band (to hold my iPod when I go out for a walk or run) that Orn gave me as well. My mom was getting over a nasty flu bug, so we just stayed up here in St. Cloud and had a very pleasant day. The boys spent the better part of the morning building forts in the basement (see two pictures they took from in their forts). After lunch we all went to the Great Theatre here in town and saw High School Musical 2. And later in the afternoon, I enjoyed one of my favorite activities - taking the boys over to the park and hitting them grounders and pitching to them. They are both very excited about the upcoming baseball season...as am I!! :) The day was capped off with a perfect grilled salmon feast served up by Orn. What a day!

No comments: