Saturday, May 9, 2009

More Mudroom Shots















I think I can finally report that the mudroom is completed. I'm sure there are other things I will do over time, but at this point it is 100% functional. What had been left to be completed was the inside of the closet (hanging bar, shelves, etc.) and the steps from the back door down to the back yard. Pete finished the steps yesterday - they look gorgeous!

As for the closet, I have asked husbands of friends of mine for help far too many times, so about a week ago I went over to Home Depot and bought myself a power drill. After practicing once on a board in the garage, I set to work on installing a Rubermaid Closet! I am proud to display the finished product! Considering I had to use a stud sensor, a level, multiple drill bits, anchors, and assorted other tools, I am very proud of my first project with the drill. I LOVE MY DRILL. Now I'm ready to attack and organize our garage! At this point, I'm a lady on the loose with a power drill - just stay out of my way, or you may get hurt! :)

I also built a set of shelves to use as a dumping ground for my purse, sunglasses, suntan lotion, mosquito repellent, and other necessities. It is located under the mirror as we head out to the garage. Love that too. In addition I pulled out a sheet that I had an artist paint while I was in Benin. I had it framed over some wood (now that I have my drill I could do the job myself...too late now). It now hangs at the far end of the room over the cat's feeding area. Mom gave me the fish frames complete with pictures of the boys out on a lake in Wisconsin. I still have plans to put up the boys names in letters we received from Orn's Aunt in Denmark after each of the boys arrived on this earth...maybe I'll get to that yet this weekend too!

No comments: