Sunday, May 3, 2009

MS WALK 2009




Today was the MS Walk! What a glorious day to be out walking in support of the Multiple Sclerosis Society. As usual I went down to the cities to walk the Twin Cities route (the route up here in St. Cloud is very dull). Thanks to all who supported my efforts - I was able to raise $850 this year! My friend Tracy joined me for the walk as she has done for the past 3 years. What fun it was this year with a beautiful sunny morning and temperatures in the low 60's. The walk starts and ends at Minnehaha Falls in south Minneapolis, with the 6.5 mile route going along the Mississippi River towards downtown Minneapolis and back along the other side of the river. This year there were far more people than in previous years, so we kept bumping up against large groups of people. We tend to walk faster than most, so we simply maneuvered around people and continued the walk. In previous years, I've been known to tease Tracy for the number of bathroom stops she has had to make. Ironically, this year that was not the case, however, I still managed to get a picture of Tracy as she exited a porta-potty. I'm not sure why her first comment upon seeing me with camera in hand was, "You know, I hate you." I'm sure she was kidding! :) When we finished the walk we enjoyed a piece of pizza and then cruised on back to Tracy's house.

No comments: